Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, September 2, 2011

"Jesus is in my heart"


I know that everyone thinks that their child is the smartest, most amazing child on Earth, but Luke really is!!!!! This post is mainly so I never forget some of the things Luke has been saying lately. First, let just say that luke's Sunday school teacher have certainly been teaching my boy about Jesus!!! On our way home Sunday night after church and after dinner with the Huskey's, Luke Said to me, "mom Jesus is in my heart". I said, " yes son he is!". He then asked, " why is Jesus in my heart?". I just told him that if we loved Jesus, he was in our hearts. I also told him that Jesus loves us. He then said, "I love Jesus and I want to see him!". I told him that Jesus was in heaven. It was at that point that my little baby boy started crying and screaming, " I want to go to heaven, I want ti see Jesus!". He said this over and over again till we got home. By the time we got to the house, I was nearly in tears. Part of me was amazed at the conversation and the level of understand he could have of these sometimes difficult topics but the other part of me kept thinking " I hope this is not God preparing me for something.".

Since this time, we have continued to say our morning prayers on the way to the sitters, at meals, and at night before bed. Each time, he has said, "I love Jesus and/or he is in my heart". I just melt each time. He has a lot to learn about the love of Jesus and what it truly means to have Jesus in your heart but I know without a doubt that the kiddo loves Jesus as much as a two year can love anyone.

Luke tries my patiences sometimes and has become quite a smarty pants but I love him so much and I know that he will grow into a wonderful man, husband and big brother. God has blessed this family in so many ways, but one of the best ways was when he gave us Luke.

2 comments:

  1. Gwen, This is what makes my heart do a happy dance! Children who are taught about Jesus LOVE JESUS! It's a natural progression when parents are faithful in teaching, praying and bringing(not sending) their children to church. You and Jeff are his role models and Luke already has a tender heart toward Jesus even if he doesn't know all the facts! We never know ALL the facts....that's where faith comes in!

    Thanks for sharing this and I look forward to what Jesus is going to have in store for sweet Luke! He is precious as are his parents! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, Gwennie. Love Lukey, too!

    ReplyDelete