Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, March 14, 2014

Apple Pie



Oh how I love to cook, even when I don't like what I am cooking.  The same is true when I make apple pie.  The best part is that it makes my house smell amazing.  So here is how I make my apple pie.
 
 


You will need:

6 applies died up
1/2 cup of sugar
tablespoon of cinnamon
1 stick of butter
2 pie crust
1/2 cup of brown sugar packed tightly
1 egg white beaten


 
Next, you will need to melt one stick of butter in a large cast iron skillet.
 


Add your brown sugar and mix until it is all well blended.  Then place your first pie crust on on top of brown sugar mixture.


Mix sugar, cinnamon, and apples in a bowl.  Then place in pie crust.  Next, top with second pie crust.  Then, you will cut a cute design into top crust for pie to vent.  Finally, you will beat one egg white and then brush mixture on top of crust.  This is an easy step to forget but it is so necessary in order to have a pretty pie. 

After pie has been assembled, bake for 60-70 minutes at 350 degrees.  After pie cools for about 15 minutes, I recommend that you go ahead and cut into pieces.  This pie tends to get very hard as it sets.  When I serve, I warm for 20-30 seconds and top with vanilla ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment