Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Sunday, February 12, 2012

SUYL Working moms

So this weeks SUYL on KellysKorner is for working moms and since that described me, I thought I would participate. I am a mom of two wonderful boys. Luke is 3 and Evan is 9 months. When Evan was just 2 months old, I got a new job as a Special Education Supervisor. We had planned for me to be off all of May, June, and July but this new job required I begin in July. I was so excited about this job but was certainly not prepared for leaving my baby (who had just got out of hospital with RSV). I was going to have to transition quickly from the classroom to an administrative role and learn as much as possible about my schools before classes began in August. Oh yes, I mean school and my college classes. Not only was I a new mother of two with a new job, I was also faced with going to college. Each of these are all things I have been able to successfully do in the past however, now I was going to have to do all three at the same time and do it well. Let me just say, that it has been very interesting so far. I work more hours now but I am thankful that I can provide much more easily for my family. I honestly could not manage these multiple roles without a wonderful husband, great parents and in-laws and a wonderful babysitter who loves and treats my kids as if they are her own. God has truely blessed our family over the last year. God bless all of you working mothers out there!

1 comment: