Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Run for the Rock



Oh how I love running even though I feel like I might not make it sometimes.  When I was growing up, I was always a short distance type of racer.  This was mainly because I wouldn't breathe when I was running so for obvious reasons, I couldn't go very far.  I remember that when we were required to run a mile during the off season in basketball, I would always have to find a teammate to run with me to remind me to breathe.  So fast forward 15 years and now I love to run and even though I have asthma, I have learned to breathe and build my stamina. 
 
 
A few weekends ago, I ran my second 5 K but this time I ran the entire time.  I was so proud of myself.  I was glad to have friends there running with me (and by with me, I mean in front of me). 
 


Most surprising was the fact that I managed to get 3rd in my age division and yes there were more than three people in my age division. 



I love that I am reconnecting with old friends and making new friends while getting healthy.  I know it sounds crazy but I really have this goal to run a half-marathon by next year.  Hopefully, I can stay committed to this life changing adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment