Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Monday, March 16, 2015

The Gwen Benton Diet

Well after trying every diet under the sun and not being able to stick to any of them for long term, I decided to develop my own plan.  It may be crazy but the only way to find out if it will work is to try. So here is my plan:

1) use a notebook book to plan all of my meals out for several weeks
2) eat 4 to 5 times a day so I don't get really hungry and pigout
3) track my weight daily so that I might be able to pinpoint what is causing fluctuation (like to little water, wrong carbs, etc).
4) track daily calories using the Lose it app
5) track daily exercise 
6) track daily activities
7) take my vitamins daily

 When I began my weight loss journey over a year ago, I weighed in at 159.  I then lost 34 pounds over several months.  Sadly, I did not make a life style change and I gained every bit of the weight back.  That is so sad to say.  This time, I began at 159 and did the Shred diet which got me down to 147.  I then starting spiraling out of control with my eating and ended back at 153.  This is when I began my new journey to change my life.  When I started this post two weeks ago, I weighed in at 153.  Today, two weeks later, I have lost 4 lbs.  It is slow weight loss but it is also a life style change and I am doing well.

I know that I am not alone in my struggle to keep the weight off and I will pray for those who are struggling with this addiction to eating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment