Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Luke begins Kindergarten



Our family has been so busy lately because Luke started Kindergarten.  When I thought about my future as a mother, I always thought my kids would be at whatever school I taught at.  Given the wonderful opportunity I have been given to become a Special Education Supervisor, I realized that would not be the case.  So, I became a normal mom who would be sending their child off to a place I was unfamiliar with and would not have daily contact with.  I am happy to report, that I did not cry while dropping him off at class the first 


We were so excited when we began receiving text messages showing us that Luke's class made the newspaper.   



He was so excited to see himself in the paper and he kept looking to see if there were more pictures somewhere.



I am happy to report, that I did not cry while dropping him off at class the first day.  He on the other hand became very attached to me and cried.  That was extremely hard on both of us.  I honestly thought he would just run right in there and never think a thing about it but I was wrong.  I know Luke is shy (until he gets to know you), but he has always went easily to babysitters and Sunday School. 



He was so shy, I had to bribe him to take a picture with his teacher.  It's very exciting to think that his future is so bright and that by the end of this year he will be reading.  As an educator, it is so exciting to see the growth and now as a mom I get to share in those joys in a whole new manner.



Just another picture of Luke about to walk into his classroom for the first time and begin the next 13 years of his education at this school.  We are now on our second week and Luke is starting to settle in.  I think he likes to talk alot which probably gets him into a little trouble.  But, overall he seems to be picking up on what he is being taught.



Evan also started going to daycare for the first time ever.  He has been with the same babysitter since he was 6 weeks old.  It was hard to let him go but he has done wonderfully and never cried a bit.  His teacher says he is so calm and well behaved. It makes his mommy so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment