Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Running and Weight loss Battle


Well my weight loss battle continues and I am now realizing that it will be a lifelong struggle and require lifelong changes.  As a family, we have been working on getting healthy.  Jeff has started working out and I of course have continued to run.  I also started participating in a new physical and spiritual challenge my brother-in-law created on Facebook
.  

The boys love when we do exercises in the house and I could resist this precious picture of Evan stretching.
  


This is my picture after running 5.5 miles.  It is almost unreal to me that I can type that I ran that far.  I still managed a smile and it felt awesome to complete.



Sweet Luke always wants to life weights like Jeff.  It is too precious.



Evan wanted to be just like me so he put on one of my headbands and we headed out to the garage from my run.  It is so funny to me that the boys love to sit in the hot garage and watch me run.


As of today I have ran 191.1 miles in the last year.  I am so excited that this week I will break the 200 mile mark.  


And here are a few more of the runs I have completed over the past week and a half.  So back to my weight loss struggle.  I have gained 20 lbs back since I reached my lowest weight.  In my life, I deal with stress in two ways : run and eat.  Sadly, I do more eating than I can burn off by running.  I am hopeful that I can get this habit under control and I started again today counting calories.  This type of diet plan has worked in the past; however, it is much slower than my typical don't eat carbs diet.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment