Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, September 26, 2014

Fair, Rodeo, and Randomness

In about a two week span, I was only able to run three times.  I am starting to get nervous that I may never be ready for my 1/2 marathon but I plan to give it my very best.  The other night, I knew I had to get a run in despite that darkness was upon me.  Thus, I ran as fast as I could to get a mile in.  I was so excited because it was my fastest mile ever.  I know to many of you that might not be that fast but for me and my ever aging body, I was rocking it!


I have also been trying to find neat things to do with my classes at church.  I stumbled upon this and thought it looked fun and cute.  Of course, it doesn't scream "Do this at Church" but I still think I will do this at home with my kiddos or maybe I will make them and take them to the kiddos schools.  



We went to the fair and rodeo this past weekend.  In our family, there always has to be some type of drama when we leave the house.  So for this trip I failed to grab Luke's old boots but we were headed to Harrison to get him a new pair so I thought we were good to go.  Of course, we arrive at the boot store around 5:35 because we thought they stayed open till 6:00 (according to their website).  They were locking everything up.  Then the tears start falling because as you can imagine a cowboy can not go to a rodeo without a pair of boots.  It took a lot of time to convince him that sometimes cowboys wear tennis shoes (says no cowboy ever, LOL).



While at the fair, Luke wanted to ride the farris wheel (I imagine because his buddy Landon rode it the week before at the Baxter County Fair).  I figured he might get a little nervous or even back out but of course my adventurous little Luke loved it.



Even sweet little Evan wanted to ride but I told him he wasn't tall enough (AKA I am too chicken to ride with him).  So instead, we watched and rode a few more appropriate rides (AKA, rides I do not have to get on at all).



I thought that each boy would quickly jump into a car and take off but not these two, they wanted to ride together.  I only wish they could get along like this every other minute of the day.



I was so proud of Luke because he helped Evan get buckled in (because the carny just stood there watching them).  I also failed to get any pictures of the rodeo but it was so fun.  I have not been to a rodeo since I was in the 9th grade which seems crazy because I love them so much.  I guess sometimes life just takes over.  The boys got stick horses (which we are currently hiding in the back of my car because they think they are swords).  Luke couldn't get enough of the rodeo and Evan was ready to go home and go to sleep (which he screamed for 30 minutes straight making sure that everyone around us knew he wanted to go home).  We made it through the barrel racing and then Evan and I headed to the car.  Overall, I think it was a wonderful weekend and I was so thankful to spend the time with my precious family.

No comments:

Post a Comment