Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Granny is singing with Angels

I have been putting off this post because it hurts to much to write but the time has come.  I think it is important to remember my granny.  She was and will likely always be the hardest working servant for Christ.  I When I was growing up, from the age of 4 on, my granny would come to my house and pick me up for church.  She even made some dresses for me to wear in my younger days.  As I got older, she taught my Sunday School class.  I will always remember that when she would pick me up, she always had Mt. Dew and snack cakes in her car.  She always brought these snacks for her class.  During the summers she would take me to Church Camp.  I was always amazed that at her age she was still getting around so well.  For services, she would get all dressed up and wear heals and let me tell you that at church camp that was no easy feat.  


Most of the kids in Pyatt can look back on the first Bible they ever received and see that it came from my granny.  She always wanted to ensure that everyone had a copy of God's word.  After Granny passed, I went down to her room to find her Bible.  I was amazed that she had so many bibles.  There were at least 20 Bibles in her room that were visible.  This lady loved the Word of God like no other.  When anyone in the community had a biblical question they wouldn't go to the preacher, they headed straight to granny's.  Granny was more than just the monarch of our family, she meant so much to the community.  In her later days, most people would see granny at Basketball games or Community Choir.  Despite not driving the last few years of her life, she was instant on attending those to social events.  



I can say that my granny set a great example for all, she loved God's word and made certain that if the church doors were open, she would be there sitting on the second row to the left.  Until she started to get real sick, I am pretty certain she never missed a service.  I have so many wonderful memories of Granny and I could go on all day but the only memory that matters is that she loved the Lord.  I know that she is in Heaven and that she is signing her heart out.  I heard someone say after she passed, "If granny didn't make it to Heaven, we are all in trouble."  I know without a doubt that the Lord looked upon Granny and said, "Well done my very good and faithful servant."


Our family was so blessed to have so many people who took care of our needs in our time of sorrow.  There are not words worthy to repay this kindness but we love you all.  I will leave you with the below statement that I take comfort in on a daily basis.  


Granny we love and miss you so much but are so happy you have finally received your reward in Heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment