Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, February 14, 2014

Beauty in midst of cold












The past month, we have experienced bitter cold temperatures but within those cold temperatures, we had one beautiful day.  Of course, we decided to spend as much time as possible outside.  Jeff was not feeling the best so I was on outside duty.  I am not quite as good as him at entertaining the kiddos when it comes to outdoor events but I gave it my best shot. 

 
Luke taught me how to rope.  I managed to rope the steer head twice.  I was quite impressed with my abilities. 
 


Evan played a little baseball.  Please excuse the outfit but he is finally wanting to get himself dressed so I will allow him to wear just about anything.



The boys played on the swing set.  Luke of course tries to figure out how he can buck Evan off.  I keep reminding him that he better be careful because his baby brother might be bigger than him one day.



Okay anti-gun people, please forgive me but we had a great time playing army.  The boys and I would pretend to run around trying to find the enemy.  Occasionally, we had some causalities of war.  Evan likes to pretend that he gets hurt and has to be nursed back to health.  He is quite the actor.



Luke also had to show me how he could pretend to be hurt. 



Me and my good-looking boys.



We also played football.  We practiced kicking and catchings as well as running for touchdowns. 



Evan loves to swing but prefers to do so in my lap.  I don't mind a bit.



Luke scored a touchdown (which means he got to the tree with the football before I could catch him).



Evan loves to have his picture taken now so here he is obviously saying cheese.



This is what I meant by cold temperatures.  I can not even believe that the temp was -2 and it likely felt like -15 with the windchill. I am hoping those cold days are behind us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment