Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Thursday, January 1, 2015

The New Year----2015

And so begins, day one of the 365 days that we have possible this year.  As I do each year, I set goals for myself.  As I reviewed last years goals, I accomplished alot but also failed myself.  I lost all the weight I wanted to but I also gained it all back.  I read half of the Bible but I had hoped to read the entire book. I did not drink more water, actually just the opposite.  I ran a lot but failed to run a 1/2 marathon.  So now that I have my confessions of failure out of the way, let move on to setting new goals. 


First, I plan to drop the 25 pounds I gained.  My plan to do so is to follow this diet and eat 6 times a day.  This also requires me to drink only one soda a day.  This will be the toughest task for me of all because I love diet soda.  Anyhow, I plan to take a before and after picture.  I might even take weekly pictures and blog about it, who knows!  Another difficult task for me is that I only get to weigh once a week (Jeff is helping me with this by taking my scale away from me).  


I also plan to spend more time listening to positive and encouraging music.  I also hope to live in a more positive and encouraging manner.  So if you bring your negatives this way, expect to get something positive back.  I also plan to remove negativity from my life as much as possible.  I really allowed others to bring me down this past year and I need to remember that I control my joy.  It is up to me to find joy in every situation and to not allow others to still my joy. 


I have always spent a great deal of time worrying.  I struggle with anxiety at times and its not something I am proud of.  As a Christian, I want to do exactly what I know I should: give all my concerns to God.  Unfortunately, I will pray and try to turn these concerns over to Him but I will still think about those concerns.  I will play over scenarios in my head and as a result I don't always get to sleep well.  I know that when I stick to running, it also helps me stress less.  I have my running schedule made and I begin Monday.  I WILL accomplish my running goals for this year.  My running goals are: 1) run 3 short runs a week and 1 long run a week; 2) run at least two 5K's; 3) run a 1/2 marathon; 4) Run 450 miles this year.


As mentioned earlier, I only read through half of my Bible.  This year, I plan to read the other half.  I believe this is a very realistic goal and will help me to accomplish all of the above goals for my life.  

Happy New Year to you all.  May your 365 days be blessed and may you reach all of your goals.  

1 comment: