Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Beautiful Day!

God has certainly blessed our family with a wonderful home and an amazingly large yard for our children to play in. When Luke and I got home today, we decided to go play outside for a bit and enjoy the wonderful weather God has been giving us. Luke is all boy and it is very hard to get the kiddo to come inside once he is allowed out those doors.



This is just one of the wonderful views from our house. I know that we look forward to having some land and a lot more space for our family but it is really hard to beat 2 open acres in a wonderful neighborhood.
As always, Mr. Independent wanted to slide. Before he reached the bottom, he was saying, "I do it again." I am pretty certain he would have slid till it was dark if I would have let him.

Most of the time, it is difficult to catch Luke for a photo. He is always moving and I never can get him to pose for me. Jeff is out of town so I told Luke he needed to smile for his daddy so I could send him this picture. Luke said, "Smile for daddy!" He is just so cute!




The little guy loves rocks. I kept telling him not to throw the rocks in the grass but he just wouldn't listen. He said, "Mommy, mine get one more rock!" Sorry Jeff in advance for all the rocks you will be mowing over. We love you!!


I don't usually take too many pictures of myself (especially pregnant) but thought I would try to snap one. Obviously, I am looking at the camera and Luke is saying something like, "take the picture mom...is that a doggy?" So much for a cute pic together!!


As always, we had to ride Luke's 4 wheeler. So we went to the garage and got it out. He took off through the yard and got just far enough away that it would be a task for ol' prego to get it back to the house. He stopped, looked at me and said, "oh, mommy ride bike!!" It was like he suddenly remembered this wonderful bike his pa and grandma got him for his birthday. So as he ran to the garage to get his bike, I pushed that stinking wheeler back to the garage. As you can tell from the picture, Luke is not quite long-legged enough to reach both pedals at the same time, so I pushed him around a bit.
We really had a great time!! We are certainly looking forward to Jeff being back home so he can enjoy this wonderful weather with us. With any luck, Luke and I may get to go to the park after I get off work tomorrow.
As a side note, I sometimes forget how amazing God is and how he will always take care of us. I am a bit of a worry-wart (even voted so in high-school). Jeff is one of the most laid back guys I have ever met so hopefully we balance each other out, but he often has to remind me just to give all my concerns to God. This week, God has answered prayers and has taken care of two concerns that had been pressing on me pretty hard. How quickly we forget all the aspects of pregnancy but I certainly am remembering that anxiety comes toward the end and it comes with a vengeance. Praise God for his comfort and answered prayers.
Finally, (just so I can document and not forget) I went to the doctor yesterday. I passed my sugar test and fortunately did much better on my weight gain. Everything seems to be going great with Evan and we are looking forward to his arrival. I start going to the doctor every two weeks now which really makes time fly. One 10 and 1/2 more weeks till he is here.
Good night!!




1 comment:

  1. Love me some Luke!!! Good for you on your sugar test and weight gain. You know all the right things to do - and I've still got my eye on you. :)

    ReplyDelete