Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Monday, February 28, 2011

Restful Weekend

I will start off by saying that I failed to get any pictures this weekend. Anyhow, when Jeff got home from work on Friday night, he took Luke and I on a "hot date." Luke calls going out to eat, "going on a hot date!" I taught him this last Wednesday when I was trying to convince him to leave the babysitters and come home with me. As usual, Luke was quite wild on our outing. Jeff and I always ask ourselves why we insist on trying to eat out, when we know exactly what will happen. We both know that we will eat as fast as possible and then rush out the door without ever relaxing or enjoying our meal. Luke is not much on staying in his seat and rarely makes it past the chips and salsa before he is trying to play in the floor or jump from his chair. I am sure he really entertains the people around us.
Then on Saturday, we woke up and I cooked breakfast (pancakes, sausage, and eggs). Jeff and Luke played for a while and then I went to buy groceries while the men did manly things (sweep garage, take trash off, and buy brake pads). Then, I picked up lunch and eventually Luke took a nap. As always, by the time Jeff and I start thinking that we might take a nap too, Luke decides to wake up. He woke up in such a good mood and was so eager to play with his daddy. I just love watching them two together.
On Sunday, we went to church and then came home and I cooked a quick and easy lunch. After Lunch, Luke and I both took a nap. I love race season because I can always count on watching the two best parts, the beginning and the end with a nap in between. After nap time, Luke and Jeff went out and played. This is when I planned on getting some great photos but Jeff said not to bother because the wind was blowing (see how I just blamed him for my lack of photo capturing). Last night, came a big storm and as usual I was afraid. I hate how the wind sounds at our house. I always think the roof is about to come off, which is quite funny given that when I left the house this morning, our yard was littered with shingles. You know it was a pretty rough storm when you get a call at 6:45 am from the neighbor saying that we are welcome to come over and get in their basement any time we need to (LOL).
On another note, I am so proud of Luke. He has been doing so well with this potty training business. He is wearing big boy underwear and has been accident free for about 7 days now. He wears a pull-up at nap but that too has been dry the last few days. We still haven't mastered the night time and so he wears a diaper then. And to be honest, I am not really excited about him waking me up to go to the bathroom (Evan already does that enough as it is, LOL).
So as you know, Jeff had been gone a lot for the past few weeks. During that time, Luke turned back into a Mommy's boy and became a bit whinny. Well it has only taken a few days but, Luke no longer wants mommy to do everything for him. Everything is about daddy now!!!!!!! Honestly, you would think that this might make me a little sad but it is nice to just sit back and rest especially given the fact that Evan is causing me hip issues and there are just times where I cant seem to get up and walk to the bathroom by myself. Speaking of, Luke was so precious yesterday. I was having a difficult time walking and he was so helpful. He would hold my hand and walk me down the hall every time I needed to get up. I just love that little angel and I know he is going to be such a wonderful big brother to Evan Woss (ross)!

No comments:

Post a Comment