Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, February 11, 2011

First Snowman

Luke and I had a very big day yesterday. Jeff called to see how we were doing and to find out if I had taken Luke outside yet. I sadly had not because I kept reading on facebook about how cold it was and I knew it was going to be alot of work getting us both ready and to be honest, I was just trying to avoid going outside. Well nonetheless, we bundled up and headed outdoors.
Luke had a difficult time at first trying to walk in the deep snow but it did not take him long to get going. Doesnt he just look so cute.
Right before this picture, he said to me, " Mommy, let's make a snow Jesus." I said, "you go ahead, Mommy might have trouble getting back up!"

Sorry these pictures are all out of order, I haven't figured this all out yet!! Anyhow, before we went outside, we whipped up a wonderful batch of chocolate chip cookies. Yum, Yum!!


Well after making a "snow Jesus," we decided to move on to a snowman. Let me first say that I have never in my life made a snowman without my father so I knew this was going to be a difficult task. I considered waiting until this weekend and then Jeff would be able to help us; however, the temps are suppose to warm up so I did not want to risk missing this opportunity. So off we went trying create our masterpiece. Luke had so much fun and he was awesome at packing the snow on.




You may notice that there are two different hats on our snowman. Well the hat that matches the scarf was the one we put on right after Luke knocked the snowman's head off. Yes, we had to build it twice!
Luke said, "Mommy I lay down next to the snowman!" I asked him what the snowman's name should be and he told me, "snowman." It was like duh, mom!!!




Our finished product!!! It may be small but you gotta give us a break. This is about as good as a 7 1/2 month pregnant woman and her 2-year-old son can do!!





Luke decided he needed to give the snowman some "luvins." I missed the picture were he also gave the snowman a kiss.






More "luvins!" This kid loves to give "luvins!" Everyday before I leave for work, he has to give his Jeff luvins. One day we forgot and he cried all the way to the sitters. Even at night, he has to give us goodnight luvins and that includes hugging and kissing Evan.
Luke had a very difficult time understanding why we had to leave the snowman outside but I told him that we would see him in the morning. I am proud to say that our snowman survived the night. We checked on him this morning and Luke was so happy to see that he was okay!!
After our outdoor adventure, we came in and got warm. We started supper and then Jeff came home. We always sit down as a family for dinner and Luke always makes certain we say our prayers. Luke has never been much of an eater so we are always looking for new ways to get him to eat what we are eating (ie. ranch and ketchup). Anyhow, I made meatloaf, potatoes, corn, rolls, and salad. It was a good meal or so I thought. Luke would not eat it. Finally, he wanted to set with Jeff (wish I had a picture of this). Jeff got him to try a bite of everything. Before the meal was over, Luke was eating just like his Dad and even made a happy plate.
Well I suppose I better close as my child has take over the dining table and thrown ever decorative stone on the ground. Yes, I will be cleaning this mess for days but I managed to get this blog completed.
Final note: Jeff and I are getting to go on a date tonight and Luke is getting to go visit with his Nana and Pop-Pop. Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment