Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and for anyone who knows me, you know that I am just not that into any type of holiday in which a gift is expected to be received or given. I suppose I have always looked at like this, you should always celebrate your love and there really should not be a need for one special day. The same applies for Christmas, we should always celebrate Christ and his birth, everyday!!! Anyhow, that is my soap box and I am finished on that note.

Anyhow, the only thing I ever do for V-day is get Jeff a card. The always have really good cards for this holiday so stock-up so you can surprise your sweetie throughout the year!!! I promise that will mean more than the card you give him or her on V-day! When I went to pick Luke up, he had made me a precious card (Thanks Becky)!! This is certainly one of the perks of being a parent. I remember as a kiddo, making all kinds of things to bring home to my mommy and I have looked forward to the day when I would start receiving special creations from Luke. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture taken of the card but it was cute. I not much of a keepsaker, but I have about decided that I am going to have to get a box to put some of this stuff in.

ON another note, we had a great weekend. On Saturday, Linds and I went grocery shopping and baby registering (no we aren't both having babies at the same time again, LOL). Then we went and ate at our favorite little Mexican Restaurant. Here is a little funny story on this restaurant: There is a Waiter there that seems to always be eyeing me. Every time we go in there, he always waits on us and last time I was pregnant, he really wanted to touch my belly. Apparently, there are men out there who think that pregnancy is HOTT!! Anyhow, we both have told our husbands about this and a year or so ago, we went in there with our significant others and I think the guy got his feelings hurt (lol)! This time, when we went in (remember I am pregnant), I was really dreading seeing him because I figured he would trying to wait on us. Fortunately, our hubbies must have scared the poor guy off because he did not even speak to us, thankfully!!!

When we got home, the boys (our hubbies), went out to work in Lance's shop while Linds and I took over kiddo duty. Linds made cookies and let the boys (our children) decorate the cookies. They had so much and got a little carried away with the sprinkles!


"What do I do with this thing mom?"

My little man proceeded to take all the wonderful sprinkles off and say nasty, remember that he is the one who put those sprinkles on there.


I am pretty sure Landon is saying something like, "Luke give me those sprinkles before I come across this table and take them for myself."


I sure do love these boys and cant even imagine how we are gonna separate them when they get older. I am pretty sure we will be rotating weekends from the time they are 5 on. God has truly blessed our families with great friends and wonderful families!!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Gwen I love your post! So funny about the pregnancy and our El Charro boy. He is mad at you isn't he?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok luke is the CUTEST ever.. and of course Landon is so scrumptious too!!

    I agree with valentines day and christmas it should be everyday!

    and cute sotry about the ell charro boy.. some guys are weird haha

    ReplyDelete