Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Unofficial joy

What a great few days we have had!!! On Thursday, jeff, Luke, and I all went to BrAnson. We stayed At the Grand Country Inn. Luke loved it because it has a splash park. We played for quite a while there And then we went to eat and shop. We ate at red lobster and let me tell you how amazed I was with Luke. He sat so good and we had several people tell us how precious he is. We already knew that, but it is sweet when complete strangers come up to us. After dinner and shopping, it was back to the room. Luke has never stayed in a hotel so he was a little excited and it was tough to get him to calm down and sleep. It was also very weird to go to bed without Evan. Jeff and I both kept waking up because we are use to getting up in the middle of the night. In the morning, we got up and ate at IHOP. Yummy is all I can say. After breakfast, it was back to the splash park. It was there that I received some wonderful news. I had recently applied for a Special Education Supervisor position. This posititon was what I wanted to be when I grow up, lol. I never honestly thought I would have a chance to get this job but hated to let an opportunity go by without trying. There are so few of these positions around this area and they don't come available often. So I applied and while Evan was in the hospital, I had my first interview. I have to tell you that was the toughest interview in my life. My brain and emotions were on overload dealing with my baby being so sick but we decided it was important for our family for me to proceed and go to the interview. I prayed hard for God to give me calmness and comfort in leaving my baby for a few hours. After the interview, I thought I had pretty much blown my chance at the job. It was tough and I didn't always know the answers. But, after I walked out, I called jeff and he said they were being discharged from the hospital. I just praised God that evan was coming home and regardless of how the interview went, my baby was okay!!! The next day, I received a phone call and was asked to come in the next day for another interview. That interview went really well and I felt great after it was over. I felt certain that I did the very best I could and that no matter the outcome, God's will would be done. So, back to the trip!!! While At the splash park, I received a phone call notifying me that I would be recommended for the job on July 8th. So I got the job unofficially, at least until board approved. I start work on Friday and I can't hardly wait. I will miss my students but fortunately, bp will still be one of my schools that I supervise so I wont be away from them completely. This job opportunity is a dream come true and our family is so blessed. Anyhow, after getting off the phone, I notified as many friends and family as I could before jeff reminded me that we were on vacation, lol!!! After the splash park, we went shopping again and then it was off the the Dixie Stampede. Let me just say that if you have kiddos, this is the show to see. The only time in Luke's life that he sits still is whe he is sleeping and even then, he moves around lol. The kiddo was so amazed by the show, he barely moved and I had to feed him because he didn't want to look down at his plate. It was so precious to watch. Jeff and I just kept looking at each other and I knew we were both thinking the same thing, "God has blessed us so much and we have two amazing children.". After the show, we asked Luke what his favorite part of the show was and he responded, "the piggies!". Well then, we headed home to pick up evan. We sure had an amazing time but we missed our little brother. A huge thanks goes out to my mom and dad who kept evan so we could spend some time with Luke! By the way, think we realized that a two hour travel is about Luke's max so if we take a trip in the future that requires more travel time, it will be at night!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Gwen!! Y'all are SO blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! and so thankful you jeff and luke had a relaxing time and enjoyed your vacation. y'all truly deserved it!

    ReplyDelete