Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Santa Came to Town

I remember as a child the excitement of Christmas morning and the thought that Santa had somehow got into our house and left us presents. In my family, we would go out on Christmas Eve and look at the Christmas lights in Harrison. On the way home, we would look in the sky for a red flashing light. Mom and Dad told us that if we found that light, we found Santa in the sky. Additionally, my family would leave milk and cookies out for Santa and then my mom would gather us in the living room and read "The Night Before Christmas."









Since this time, mom has bought each of her children a copy of this great book so now we can all read it to our own children. Luke loves to read it throughout the year.




As a reflect back on this years Christmas, it was so much fun to watch my children open presents. Luke was so excited for Santa this year. We left Santa cake and milk and he ate it all!!! I do think that I went a little crazy this year. My mom and dad always made sure we had a great Christmas but I knew, even as a child, that it was a struggle for them to afford much. This is probably why I believed in Santa for so long (it was the only reasonable explanation). So, I said that to say that I just seemed to go overboard this year. I know that it is not about the gifts and that Christmas has a much deeper meaning but this was the first time I felt like Jeff and I could buy gifts and not have to take money from our savings.






Well from our family to yours, we hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!!


Ultimately, we have taught Luke the true meaning of Christmas and we read a story about the birth of Christ multiple times weekly. Luke loves to discuss Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. He likes to ask where they are now and then of course that brings up Heaven and he then wants to know if he can go see them. I just keep telling him that one day, we will all get to see Jesus but for now, we have a purpose here on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Love the matching jammies. That is something I look forward to and I know it is going to be so cute with two kiddos to dress up.

    ReplyDelete