Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, May 11, 2012

First plane ride!

OH MY!!! Wow, I am 30 years old and I finally can say that I have flown. It was certainly an experience I will not forget anytime soon. I was so nervous to go through security because I have heard and read about horror stories of this process. So, by the time I got through security at Fayettville Iwas pretty nervous. Then we ate lunch and I kept looking at the clock thinking, we are going to miss our plane. Everyone kept telling me to just relax and it was only minutes later that someone came into the restaurant and said our plane was about to leave. So, by the time I boarded the airplane, I was a mess. I am not afraid of heights and I wasn't afraid to ride the airplane but I was certainly anxious about a shaky ride. I know very well that I cant ride roller coasters because they make me vomit so if the plan ride was going to be anything similar, I was going to be in trouble. When we got on the plane, it was so hot. I had to fan myself the entire time, that is until I started feeling like I was going to get sick. Once I began to feel sick, Mrs. Debbie (thanks Debbie) took over fanning as I got the bag out. I was so embarrassed but fortunately, I did not throw-up.


I mean honestly, if someone was going to get sick....how much good would this bag do??


Look how wrinkled my tickets are.  This is a result of a nervous girl.  HAHA!


On the way home, it was raining so I was really nervous.  I decided to go ahead and take some motion sickness medicine.  It helped alot but as a back up plan, I spent the first 20 minutes on the plane saying many prayers.  It was a good quiet time between me and the good Lord.  He also sees me through. 


When we caught our second flight home, I ended up setting next to two very nice gentleman.  I think that they enjoyed picking at me but to be honest, they kept my mind off of getting sick.  I even managed to look out a few times and snapped this picture. 


One of the nice guys took this picture of me so that I could share it with you.  His wife also has a blog.  Her blog is http://www.fridayfix.blogspot.com/.

Even though my first plane ride experience was a little rough, I do believe I will fly again. 

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations on making it through your first plane ride! The first one is always a little nerve-wracking, but as they say, practice makes perfect! Haha! Don’t you worry – you’ll soon get used to the sensations, sights, and sounds! I hope you enjoy your second flight just as much as, if not more than, you did your very first one!

    Lilia Dyal

    ReplyDelete