Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Monday, June 11, 2012

Grandma Coleman

Once again, this is an old post that I never got around to posting. My poor grandma had to go to be taken to the hospital a few weeks ago. She was at a funeral and passed out. She was then taken by ambulance to the hospital. She sure frightened us but granny is aweful tough. I know granny cant live forever and on multiple occasions, she has told me that she is ready to go to Heaven. She has told me that many of her loved ones have already been called home and she cant hardly wait to join them. Its hard to imagine her not being down here on Earth with us but my Granny certainly has a huge crown waiting on her when she does get called home. I honestly can not imagine how many people she has lead to Christ in her lifetime. When granny's mind was still really good, she was the person everyone would come to if they had a question about the bible or where to find something in the bible. If she didnt't know the answer, she would study till she figured it out. I still remember when she would teach my Sunday school class and she always bought us Mt. Dew and snack cakes. I remember she would pick me up every Sunday morning and I would set in class while she wrote tons of notes on the dry erase board that she had worked so hard preparing during the week. She always studied hard and taught harder. She is a beautiful example of a Godly woman.
As she has gotten older, she has struggled greatly with her memory. She no longer remembers what day it is and she will hardly eat anything besides cottage cheese and peaches. I know that Granny does not like that she is forgetting so many things but she has a great support system and we are all going to enjoy every minute that we have with her while she is still with us. Thank you Lord for helping Granny through this hospital stay. Oh by the way, Granny has raised 5 children as well as assisted in raising 5 step-children.  She has so many grandkids, great-grandkids, and great-great-grandkids, I honestly cant count them all.  Here are just a few of her great grandkids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment