Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, January 3, 2014

A New Year, A New Beginning

Well so begins another year.  As I look back on the last year life was entirely too busy.  As I look forward to a new year, I have made some goals for myself:
 
1) Slow down and enjoy all the blessings we have been given.  In order to do this, I will need to spend my time more wisely.  This is also going to require me to work from 8-5 and not on the weekends.  I have a second "job" called life so I need to preform well for this second job too. 
 
2) Continue on my weight loss journey.  I reached my goal but of course after taking a break to enjoy the holidays, I gained some of the weight back.  I also think I would like to drop just a few extra pounds once I get those off.  So my goal is to drop 11 pounds. 
 
3) I plan to read my Bible daily.  Every year, I say I want to read my Bible all the way through and it never happens.  So now, I have made it a priority and set a time each day for this to occur. 
 
4) I also want to run at least 3 times a week and work my way up to running for 40 minutes straight.  I love to run but life steps in and I get to busy with other things.  This year my health needs to be important.
 
5) Limit my time on Facebook (I know if my husband reads this that he will die laughing).  I love facebook because it keeps me connected to prayer groups, classmates, friends, news, and sports but I spend too much time just looking at my phone.  I have always heard that the first step to beating an addiction is to admit you have a problem, HA!
 
6)  I really want to limit myself to two diet sodas a day.  I am not yet in the mindset to make this happen but it is certainly a goal.
 
7) Drink four bottles of water daily.  WOW!!!  I am not here yet either but it would be so good for my skin, health, and overall wellness.
 
8) Don't let other people take my joy.  This year I will laugh in the face of evil and not allow it to consume me.  (This one will take a great deal of pray because I always want everyone to be happy and to solve problems).
 
Okay, now for a few pictures just for fun:
 
 
I love my low-carb pizza and it is so easy to make:
 
Ingredients:
 
3 eggs
pepperoni
1/2 cup heavy cream
mozzarella cheese (as much as you want)
1/4 cup pizza sauce
garlic powder (just a sprinkle)
mushrooms
 
Directions:  Mix heavy cream, garlic powder, and eggs.  Pour into a casserole dish that has been greased.  Bake at 400 until the eggs appear to be cooked.  Take out of oven.  Then, top with pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms (or any toppings you wish), and cheese.  Bake at 400 until cheese is melted. 
 

 
Evan and I at Landon's birthday party.  The most amazing part of this picture is that my finger nails are painted and my hair is fixed!!
 


Jeff teaching Luke to shoot his gun.  I love when these boys get to have daddy time. 


Luke practicing his roping skills. 


Jeff showing Luke how it is done.


Finally, my bedroom is complete. Jeff put my canvas creations that I made all by myself up on the way.

Well I hope that 2014 brings you all great happiness and peace.  May God guide our steps as well as yours.   

No comments:

Post a Comment