Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, January 3, 2014

Keymer family Christmas

Oh yes, the Keymer family morning of Christmas gathering.  Every year, we all get up and open gifts at our own homes and then head to my parent's house for breakfast and gift opening. 


My mom always goes all out by making biscuits, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, and gravy.


I always bring something sweet.  I made french toast casserole and here is how you can too:

You will need: 
  • two cans of Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (or like me just sprinkle on top however much my heart desires)
  • 1 cup chopped pecans (once again, I put as much as I want)
  • 3/4 cup of maple syrup
Directions:
  • Cut rolls into 8 pieces each and plan in the bottom of a greased (i use spray) casserole dish.  Save the icing for later
  • Beat eggs, cream, and vanilla together  and pour mixture on top of cinnamon roll pieces.
  • Sprinkle on cinnamon
  • Pour on syrup and top with pecans
  • Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes
  • Once golden brown, remove and let cool for 15 minutes
  • warm up icing slightly and then drizzle on top of dish.
  • Enjoy!

The oldest grand kids waiting patiently for gifts.   In my family dad hands out all the gifts and he typically does so slowly. 


All of the grand kids being silly.



Luke was so excited that my parents got him a hog sign with his name on it.  My uncle makes these and you can find him on Facebook at Keymer Custom Creations. 


I bought Granny Coleman some blank puzzles.  She loves puzzles but was very confused about these.  I then had each of the older kids color a puzzle and put them in baggies so that Granny would have personalized puzzles. 


We never get family photos taken but we attempted to this day.  All of our eyes needed to be red-eye corrected (that is all but Luke who couldn't seem to keep his eyes open for the picture). 


And here is the entire Keymer kids and grand kids. My how our family has grown but we have so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Gowen.
    My grandmother was Louie Keymer one of 11 children to William and Elisabeth Kemmer. I know some Keymerfamily went to NZ . Some to Tasmania and some to Canada . I am wondering if we are connected in some way
    Gaylene Bland NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say about the spelling. I did notice the errors until after I posted the commemt

    ReplyDelete