Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dieting

Ever since I graduated high-school, I have been a yo-yo dieter. I would weigh myself at least twice a day just hoping I had not gained any weight. I realize that this behavior was completely crazy! It seems that in our lives, the most important thing is how we look which is all wrong. The only reason our physical appearance should be a concern is if we are unhealthy and that's because we should be caring for the temple of God. We were beautifully made for his purpose and therefore we should care for our bodies; however, society has put so much pressure on us to look a certain way. Anyhow, I say all of this to say that for the first time in my life, I don't have a scale in my house. I am trying to eat more healthy and eat less and I have no clue whether or not the number on the scale is going down. I went to walmart the other day to buy a new battery for my scales and I guess it wasn't in God'S plans for me to know my weight. I feel like my clothes are starting to fit better and I am starting to slowly feel better about my outward appearance. I would like to know how much I have lost but i am thinking this new approach may work great. In life does it really matter what our number on a scale is? The answer is certainly NO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment