Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Friday, June 17, 2011

Evan

What a day!!!! Yesterday I took evan to the doctor because he had a little cough and while in the office, he started to get worse and went down hill quickly. By the time we saw the doc, he had a fever and wasnt breathing too great. The doc considered putting him in the hospital then but his X-rays looked okay so he figured we could take care of him at home. He scheduled us to come back in first thing this morning and evan had gotten worse so he admitted us to the hospital. Once we got here they did breathing treatments and checked vitals then we went for more X-rays. Once we got back to the room, the did a RSV test. Then began the horror of getting an IV started. After his nurse attempted to get it in each of his hands, she decided to call her boss. They gave evan a break and I got him calmed down. Then, they came back in and the head nurse was able to get it in his head. It is possible one the worst things I have ever seen (besides my brother after his brain surgery). They weren't able to get blood from the iv so they had to do that also. It took two tries to get a vein but they finally were successful. Needless to say, that is just the beginning of the story and our poor boy has been through a lot.
Finally, the doc came to visit and confirmed the evan had RSV and also had a touch of pneumonia. He also said we would probably be here till Monday (nice considering my brother gets married tomorrow and jeff and I are both in the wedding). I will get to that subject later. Anyhow, after several breathing treatments and antibiotics, his breathing seemed to be getting worse or at least more labored. So they put us in ICU. ICU is both good and bad...good because he has his own nurse that sits outside his room all the time, but bad because we don't have a bathroom in the room and they won't let us hold him. They are doing some type of vapor treatments through his oxygen and that seems to be helping a lot. Evan is finally asleep!!
Now to the wedding bit. I have really been struggling as to whether I stay with my baby or go to wedding. I know that Karen would stay with him and he would be fine but it is hard to imagine being away from him when he is like this. I still have not made my decision but regardless, I know that Adam and cheryl are going to have the most amazing day and I am so excited to have another sister. I am hoping that God will reveal to us whether or not we should go or stay.
Finally, I ask that you all please keep evan in your prayers and remember Luke also as I am sure he is sad thatch has to be away from his brother.
Speaking of Luke, I heard thatbhe had a big day with pa. They went to the dive shop, fed fish ( till pa ran out of money, so Luke said), and went to walmart. Thanks again to mynwonderful in-laws for taking care of our boy.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how hard watching Evan go through all those things and being sick is for a mommy!!! I fretted over MUCH less traumatic stuff when my kids were young. I am praying for you all and praying for peace for your decision tomorrow. Remember if I can be somewhere for you to help - I'm there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I asked God to make it clear where we needed to be tomorrow and that was answered. We are heading to children's hospital

    ReplyDelete