Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sorry no pictures

I have been trying for a few weeks to get pictures to post to my blog but I have not had any luck so hopefully words will be enough for now!!!

Since my last post, we welcomed Evan Ross Benton into our lives. He was 7 lbs 1oz and 19 3/4 inches long. He looks so much like his brother, it is a bit scary!!!! He is now 5 weeks old and he is sleeping in his own crib and last night slept for 4 1/2 hours before waking up to eat. You have been a little crabby lately but overall, you enjoy sitting in you C pillow and relaxing. You are a pig and want to eat all the time. You still aren't sure about your brother and I am certain that you are gonna have to be a really tough boy bc your big bro is pretty tough on you. you like to sleep against my chest which is my most favorite way to hold you! Our family now feels so complete since your arrival!! You amaze me by your ability to hold your neck up so well! At you one week appointment, you weighed 7 lbs 5 ounces and you were 21 niches long! My scale is broke so I sadly have no idea how much you weigh.

Luke has been adjusting to having a little brother around. He has been pretty good about it so far and loves his bubba so much. You are about to be 2 1/2 years old and I am so amazed by your vocabulary and language skills. I hear from time to time repeating things younhave hard mom or dad say. Today, you were in Evan's room and I heard you talk to God and ask him to help you like you have heard me do when I get strewed out! You talk to Evan like you expect a response and it just makes my heart melt. You are an amazing big brother and I know you willnalways take good care of your bubba!!!

Since having Evan, I have been very busy! Jeff had to go right back to work after we got out of hospital so it has been very crazy. Thankfully, I have an amazing set if in-laws who have been there to help anytime I needed them. I have been trying hard to be a good mom but it is a struggle at times and can be a little stressful but I am starting to adjust to having two boys who need my attention all the time. I even managed to bake an apple pie today. I finally feel like I am catching up on sleep and now I can take advantage of nap time to get some things done! I honestly had a pretty hard recovery after Evan's birth and his birth (via c-sexton) was pretty rough on me. Poor kiddo did not want to come out so I was anlittle beaten up!!, praise God that I had a wonderful doctor who was able to get evan out safely!!! The last few weeks have been busy trying to put on wedding shower and help my future sil get the wedding details worked out!!! I have also been on a major mission to drop enough weight to get into my bridesmaid dress. It almost zipped up today so hopefully in the next 10 days I will make it!!!!!

Jeff has been very busy at work which is normal this time of year. It is always a little rough because I get my vacation time when he is too busy for vacation. I am confident that one day we will be able ti take a vacation together but we have many years, God willing, to take vacations. Jeff recently had to be our of town for six days and Let me tell you that I now understand why God created ADAM AND EVE!!!! I do not envy single mothers and they must be strong women!!! I spent as much time as I could with my inlaws and my parents which helped make the week go by much more quickly!

Well there is much more that I need to update on but I am gonna save that for another day! Thank you Lord for my wonderful family and all your blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment