Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving

For anyone that knows me, they know that I love Thanksgiving.  It is the best holiday ever.  I mean, whats not to love....food, food and more food. 


This year, I decided to make a few dishes.  Me and the boys made Broccoli, Cheese, and Rice Casserole.  It really is easy, so here you go:

Prepare 2 cups of rice as box directs you.
Mix, 1 can cream of chicken, 1 can cream of mushroom, 1/2 cup sour cream (which I realized I forgot this day), 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded, 2 cups broccoli shredded very finely, and rice.  Once mixed well, then place in pan-sprayed casserole dish.  I then sprinkle with pepper, a little more cheese, and this time Crushed Ritz crackers.  Finally, pour a stick of melted butter over the entire dish.  Then bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  ***Typically, I saute 1/2 cup of diced onion in butter and add to mixture but my kids hate onion so I left it out.


Next, we decided to make apple dumplings.  You use 2 cans of crescent rolls, and enough apples to slice to make 16 wedges.  Simply wrap an apple wedge in a crescent roll triangle.  Continue until you have made 16 dumplings.  Place in a sprayed casserole dish.


Next, you pour 2 sticks of melted butter, mixed with 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar on top of the dumplings.


Then you pour an entire can of Mt. Dew on top of the mixture.


I agree that this is extremely strange but it apparently works.


Then sprinkle with Cinnamon.  There is not really an exact amount but I just put enough to make it look pretty.  Then bake for 45 minutes at 350.  I had to bake a little longer because they just didn't seem done enough.  I also made them the day before and cooked them in the morning. 

In addition to those two dishes, I also made a new dish.  I made roasted Cauliflower.  Now, I know many are thinking that this sounds terrible (me included).  But, let me tell you that this was the best dish I made (of course I didn't eat the dumplings).  Here are the directions:

Cut up two heads of Cauliflower and place in casserole dish. Mix 1/2 cup of lemon juice, with 1 stick melted butter.  Pour mixture over the cauliflower.  Then, sprinkle with garlic salt to season.  Bake at 500 degrees, mixing frequently.  Do so for 20 minutes. 

 
After a busy day of visiting both sets of grandparents, it means for one tired little boy and one wild big boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment