Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Grandpa

I know that everyone has had a Grandpa at some point in their lives. I must say that I have a great Grandpa. He has always been so loving. I watched him for many years with my grandma. He did such an amazing job caring for and proving for his family. When my grandma got sick, it absolutely crushed him. You see they had been married for many years, had 8 children, and more grandchildren than one person could possible count. Well grandpa took such amazing care of grandma while she was sick. After she passed, we worried so much about him. He would literally mow the yard daily just to have something to keep his mind busy.




Finally, grandpa met someone. I will be honest, it was hard for the entire family to accept that there was someone other than grandma in his life. BUT, you should see grandpa!!! He is so happy now. He loves to take care of people and now he has his wife that he can care for and she him. Recently, grandpa has been having some health issues. He has honestly scared me so bad a few times that now when my mom calls, I have to take a deep breath before I can answer. I know that grandpa is getting older and let's be honest, no one can live forever... except in heaven!! So I know that grandpa will continue the good fight because he still has a lot to live for here on earth. I am so thankful that God has not seen fit to take him from us. For now, we will enjoy every minute we have together. I love you Grandpa!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gwen, they look like two very sweet special people! Praying that your Grandpa gets his health renewed so he can get back to mowing his lawn!

    ReplyDelete