Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Monday, May 26, 2014

Family time







I love to spend time with my extended family.  It always takes me back to my childhood.  This particular visit was special for many reasons.  1) My cousin Debbie came to visit from Texas.  2) My cousin Kevin has made another great recovery after fighting a brain tumor. 3) My Uncle is recovering well from him battle with Cancer. 
 


Here are my three precious cousins with Granny Coleman.  Granny is starting to get weaker daily as she so gracefully ages.  I know this will be a picture my cousins will cherish for many years to come.



These three are so special to me and I love them all.  One of the interesting aspects of this visit for me is that it took me back so many years ago.  I honestly felt like I would turn the corner and I would see my Uncle Bobby sitting there.  While I knew that wasn't going to happen, I felt as though he was there with us.  He was such a leader in our family and a strong Christian example for us all. 



We went to Crawdad Day's in Harrison.  It is always a super fun time. 



The Dan Benton Band put on an amazing show and the boys really enjoyed getting to watch their uncle up on stage.



Luke was invited to another birthday party for one of his classmates.  After the party, he wanted to visit the firemen.  Fortunately, one of my high school classmates just happened to be standing outside handing out stickers.  He let Luke see the trucks and try on his hat.  Luke talked about this for days.



The birthday party was a superhero's event.  Luke and his friends had so much fun eating, playing in the bounce house and just running around crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment