Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Living 2015 in a Positive and Encouraging Manner; Glorifying God

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Weight loss and new clothes

Wow a blog post all about me.  I got this great idea to do a series of blog post about how to dress trendy yet look professional and add info daily about my weight loss journey (I hope this will help me stay accountable).  I hope you enjoy and maybe you will see something you like or get some ideas for yourself. 
 
I started a weight loss journey about two weeks ago.  I know many people would not agree with my diet of choice but it is working for me.  So far, I have lost 10 lbs.  I am so excited! 
 
I have been working so hard and running myself ragged trying to keep up with the boys, family, and work that I have not really taking time for me.  I am sure all of you mom's out there totally understand what I am talking about.  Awhile back, one of my friends and I planned to taking a shopping trip to Springfield (by ourselves).  I am not much of a shopper and I really am not a stylish person.  I prefer a good pair of jeans and a t-shirt.  I am sure my husband would like to see me dress up occasionally.  To work, I usually wear a dress because it seems to cover up the fat better. 
 
Anyhow, my friend is a big shopper.  When we got to Springfield, she was on a mission to bring me into the style of today.  I really hate to dig when shopping so I always spend too much money.  Well Crystal loves to dig so she went right to work.  All I had to do is sit back and try on what she gave me.  So over the next few days, I am going to post a few of my outfits. 
 
This outfit is the first of many.  If you are anything like me, you would have never picked up these pants.  I got the pants from Wet Seal for $8.  I bought the shirt at Gordman's for $17.  I was also introduced to a fabulous jewelry store "Jewelry Galore."  Everything in the store is a dollar.  So I got a read and gold long necklace and huge red and gold earrings (I have been informed that Gold is in right now).   I bought the shoes while in Little Rock at Shoe Sensation for $17. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Go Gwen! How fun and am excited to see all your fun outfits....as I sit here in Nike shorts and order new sports bras. My summer wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look terrific Gwen! Love the red pants!!

    ReplyDelete